Sunday, June 6, 2010

Little lemon tarts



I absolutely love lemony desserts and so do all my family . So with the sunny weather continuing for another day and family popping over for brunch to celebrate a birthday , I thought it was a good excuse to whip up some of these lovely little tarts . And they are so easy!


Ingredients


12 premade pastry shells

2 tsp finely grated lemon rind

1/4 cup lemon juice

1/2 cup caster sugar

40 g butter

2 eggs + 1 extra yolk

Fresh strawberries or raspberries


Method

Combine lemon rind and juice , sugar, butter and eggs in a small saucepan over low heat . Cook stirring for about 8 minutes or until curd thickens , I use a whisk.

Remove from heat and put in bowl , cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge to chill ( you can do this the day before)

Spoon curd into pastry cases and top with berry of choice. Enjoy.

These are so good .....and OK I probably shouldn't be admitting this but I ate 4 !!

x Michelle




No comments:

Post a Comment