Thursday, March 17, 2011

BBQ decorating

We recently had a little bbq for my mums birthday , it turned out to be such a hot day so the tropical theme I went with looked so pretty.

Here are a few pics


On the table I just filled jars with bougainvillea from the garden and also tossed around some little cocktail umbrella's, the lanterns are from freedom
The Martha Stewart pompoms are so very easy and were a first attempt so I was really happy with how they turned out and they hung quite well from the bananas in the yard ( except fourteen year old nephew asked why I had put bath sponges in the trees....sigh)


No I hadn't forgotten the laundry tub...that was used for the cold drinks. Don't they come in handy for a million uses I really must get some more .
 The bbq turned out a great day if a little hot at around 40 degrees ...but as far as decorating goes the whole thing probably cost about $10 which I was pretty happy with .
Do you like it ?
Michelle x

1 comment:

  1. This is just so pretty Michelle. I would love to turn up and see that. I LOVE the pom poms and white table cloths. Hope you had a lovely day (albeit very warm)! Annie x.

    ReplyDelete